Sunday 6 September 2009

Gear

This shall be updated as I get more time and as my gear changes as the trip goes continues

Camp Stuff

Tent - Vango Spirit 200 +
This is a tunnel tent that I've been happy with so far.  One of the poles snapped on the first night (It had been used a lot before the trip) but since it has three poles, I used a section from the non essential vestibule pole to replace the broken section.  I've been using it with two poles for two month without any problems but hopefully I'll get a replacement section soon. 
Sleeping Bag - Feathered Friends Winter Wren
One of my favorite pieces of kit, this is very warm and the out layer is epic fabric which has turned out to be very water resistent. Even when the outside of my bag frooze one night ( I wasn't sleeping in a tent) the down didn't get wet and I was still reasonably warm!
Sleeping Mat - Thermarest Z-Lite
If the ground is rocky a single layer of this pad is pretty useless but I've cut mine in half and so I just double it up under my torso as my legs don't get too cold.  It works pretty well as a sitting pad around camp and I don't have to worry about it piercing which is the main reason I got it and because its cheap.
Stove - Century Stove
I've just been giving this stove by the very generous Lorraine.  Its pretty heavy and looks just like the your gas stove at home and runs on Coleman Canisters that should be easy to come by!  I'll probably pick up a MSR Whisperlite International before leaving the US but this should do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment